Prev: Re: DSII for modern Next: FT webpages - if anyone is interested or cares :)

Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games...

From: John C <john1x@h...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 18:56:45 GMT
Subject: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games...

>GURPS Black Ops
>     Restirctive character creation: out of 600 points (yes 600 points
in a
>100 to 500 point game system) 550 of them are spent. Very combat
oriented
>with only hints to any type of "Sean Connery as James Bond" behavior.
Not
>even a really good conspiracy sourcebook.

For the record, the character creation section was imposed upon the
author,
against his express wishes.  His objections were basically the same as
yours....  If you check out his web page, the Blue Room
(http://www.io.com/~sjohn/blueroom.htm) and look under GURPS, you will
find
a new advantage called "Up to the Challenge" which makes things much
easier.

To drag this back on-topic, you would find this to be a very useful
advantage if you were running a special forces kind of campaign.  It
would
reduce the paperwork tremendously.  And if you want a *lot* of fun,
check
out "Gunmetal Blue" on the same site to find the "Truly Badass"
advantage,
as well as the "Options for High-Tech GURPS" page.

S. John Ross is a heck of a guy, that's all I can add.

John Crimmins		john1x@hotmail.com	 johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
     Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: Re: DSII for modern Next: FT webpages - if anyone is interested or cares :)