Prev: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:56:44 -0600
Subject: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

>Hello:
>	I'm seriously thinking getting back into role-playing,
particularly a
>hard sci-fi RPG.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good system.  I
>have narrowed it down to a few likely candidates:
>
>	Alternity
>	GURPS (Either Space or Traveller)
>	Marc Miller's Traveller
>
>	I am looking of a system that is simple and isn't bogged down
with over
>mechanics.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

GURPS has pretty consistent mechanics, but lots of flexibility.
I really like GURPS Traveller (though I haven't had the opportunity
to play it yet).

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...