Prev: [FT] Re: Showdown (was Re: Full Thrust and PBEM) Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 14:55:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

Medains wrote:
> As far as implementation goes, I think the rulebook gives a nice set
of
> milestones - core rules, advanced rules, optional rules from MT etc..
:)

> Any more opinions?
>
> Colin aka Medains

Just make sure when you do your trig, that your rounding function works.
(8-)

The problem I found with writing a computer moderating program (which is
the goal I had in mind when I wrote the FTUtil.pm library) was how to
account for all the flexibility that people might want.  I think that,
either you cut the flexibility down drastically (pick three ships
that you wish to fire on), or you're always going to need somebody
to pre-parse orders.  As you can see, as soon as you start allowing
some flexibility, the possibilities grow really rapidly.

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: [FT] Re: Showdown (was Re: Full Thrust and PBEM) Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM