Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

From: Tom Granvold <thomas.granvold@e...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:13:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Medains <medains@iname.com> wrote:
>   I'm currently thinking of writing something to computer moderate a
PBEM FT,
> being a software developer by trade :)  I can see that slight
modifications are
> going to be required to the turn order, and some restrictions on what
people
> can do in order to allow a turn to be run in one go. (Otherwise you
have a
> moving turn/firing turn)

    I've got two other things to consider.  First, it would be great to
make the code as portable as possible.	Writting it in Java or in
portable
C come to mind.

   Second, people have many changes to the rules.  Things like adding
new weapons, changing sensor ranges, or some alien races completely
different ships work, including engery allocation.  If the program
could be written to allow at least some of these changes would help.

   Third, let's throw in the kitchen sink and have the program
generate wimming lotto numbers :-) :-)

   Just a couple thoughts off the top of my head.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold			<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM