Prev: Re: FT design - weapons, template Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

From: "I climb as hard as anybody - I just do it on easier routes." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:27:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

>I've noted from several web pages that people often play games via
email.	What
>I want to know is a) whether these games are human moderated/computer
moderated
>and b) whether any software tools are available (such as order
processors, image
>generators aso.. )

Keeping in mind that I am *not* a computer genius or super-programmer
or anything of this sort, the very first two PBeM games I ran (and to
my knowledge were the first two PBeM games run for Full Thrust or from
the list), I hand-edited *every*thing. Later a friend 'threw together'
some very basic movement code for me to use for positional
determinations
(input current velocity, heading, location, and orders, it spit out
final
velocity, heading, and location - it was finicky only in the way he put
it together with his notations, and totally uncommented (yes, Noam, that
would be Karl-ware  ;-)  for me to easily go in and 'fix up', and not
like
I've had a lot of time to do so, anyhow). I've used the tool extensively
since in games I've run, but handedit detection reports, manually roll
the die, etc. Would like to learn more about FTMAP but don't have the
resources for it here.

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: FT design - weapons, template Next: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM