Prev: FT Design Next: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long)

Re: FT Design

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:37:47 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Design

From: Jesse Casey <jessecasey@netzero.net>
>Weapon
-
>Plasma Jet Cannon
>Mass: 6     Cost: 20
>Single Arc Only
>ShortRange: 2"-8"
>MediumRange: 8"-14"
>LongRange: 14"-20"

Why not use increments of 3 or 6" to fit in with the range bands for
everything else?

>Damage potential as a combination of range and duration.
> short range: 9pts 1st turn, 6pts 2nd turn, 3pts 3rd turn
> medium range: 7pts 1st turn, 4pts 2nd turn, 1pt 3rd turn
> long range: 5pts 1st turn, 2pts 2nd turn

Fifteen points for a short-range hit is pretty powerful, isn't it?

>Like a squirt of acid, which splashes and splatters, clinging to the
victim,
>the Plasma Jet eats away the armor, hull, and structure of the target.

Um, might look for a better analogy than this.	Plasma wouldn't do that.

>Ground Assault Company
I didn't look at the Mass and Price of these items but the basic concept
is
of course reasonable.  Before you do a lot more, however, you may want
get FTFB and upgrade your ships.

Prev: FT Design Next: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long)