Prev: Kra'vak for FTFB Next: Re: FT Design

FT Design

From: Jesse Casey <jessecasey@n...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 19:58:45 -0500
Subject: FT Design

finally got my copy of MT and of course find that most
of my design / play ideas have been included.
FT is the best all around tabletop / miniature scifi ship
combat game I've come across. (preaching' to the choir?)

anyway, I have a couple of designs that need an eval
and figure y'all might be the best place to get it.
(constructive critics only please)

FT/MT rule sets:
SPECIALS
Weapon
Plasma Jet Cannon
Mass: 6 	Cost: 20
Single Arc Only
ShortRange:	 2"-8"
MediumRange:	 8"-14"
LongRange:	14"-20"

Damage potential as a combination of range and duration.
 short range:	9pts 1st turn, 6pts 2nd turn, 3pts 3rd turn
 medium range:	7pts 1st turn, 4pts 2nd turn, 1pt 3rd turn
 long range:	5pts 1st turn, 2pts 2nd turn

Screens reduce damage by one point per level.

Like a squirt of acid, which splashes and splatters, clinging to the
victim,
the Plasma Jet eats away the armor, hull, and structure of the target.
(Threshold checks caused by hull ruptures and high energy discharge.)

Symbol:  Wave Gun glyph with "PJ" inside
	________
	\      /
	 \ PJ /
	  \  /
	   \/
System
Ground Assault Company
Mass: 10	Cost: 52
	Drop Bay [Mass: 6]
	    Dropship [Mass: 5]
		4 Class-3 APC (2 Squads of 2 Fireteams each)
	Troop Barracks [Mass: 4]
	    40 CombatTroops + 10 SupportTechs
Symbol:
		    ._____.
		.___| /+\ |___.
		| t |{	 }| t |
		|___|| 5 ||___|
		| t ||___|| t |
		|___|_____|___|

Ships
Type: Merchant
Size: Cruiser
Hull: Escort Cruiser
Mass: 26	Cost: 180
Class: Daryosh Assault Transport
Drive: 4		[4][2]
FTL: 1			[O]

Damage: 7		[O][O]
			[O][O]
			[O][O][O]

Sensors: Basic		[O]
DCP: 2			[O][O]
FireCon: 1		[O]
1 C-Beam (3-arc)	[O]
2 PDAF			[O][O]
1 Ground Assault Company *
	Dropship Bay	[O]
	Troop Barracks	[O][O][O][O]
-------------------------------------
		*see description of GAC in Special Systems
Type: Merchant
Size: Escort
Hull: Frigate
Mass: 10	Cost: 40
Class: Agamemnon Privateer
Drive: 4		[4][2]
FTL: 1			[O]

Damage: 3		[O]
			[O][O]

Sensors: Basic		[O]
DCP: 1			[O]
FireCon: 1		[O]
1 C-Beam (3-arc)	[O]
4 Cargo 		[O][O][O][O]

Prev: Kra'vak for FTFB Next: Re: FT Design