Prev: Have I gone base crazy? Next: Re: [FH] Alarishi names

Re:Have I gone base crazy?

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 22:55:23 -0700
Subject: Re:Have I gone base crazy?

At 10:28 PM -0700 5/14/99, Mark A. Siefert wrote:
>Hello all:
>	 I think I may need professional help.	Recently I decided to
>rebase my Warzone Vulkan Battlesuits, they constantly fell over. I used
>a 40x40mm metal base.	Deciding that the "green flock and kitty liter"
>look was getting old, I decorated my then new bases with "jungle"
plants
>and trees.  Since then, something inside me snapped!  I've been hot
>gluing fake plants to the bases of ALL my WZ Bauhaus figs.  Does anyone
>else go to such elbaborate means to decoarate their bases?

No Mark, this isn't the Seventh Seal on madness. I've done a fair
amount of decorative bases. Back in 1990 I did several plastic GW space
marines (mostly Ultramarines) with the bases painted with safety lines,
deck plates and what not. All of these were sold (I was collecting
Orks, but the plastic marines were very fun to paint) so one of you may
actually own one of these (I know for a fact Schoon has seen some of
them).

In addition to the 28mm plastics I've done some Epic scale with crushed
buildings or the occaisonal infantry figure (or casualty) in with the
vehicles. And one of my terrain pieces is a damaged building with
several Ultramarine casualties in the rubble (specifically to annoy my
regular opponent who has a full regiment).

Sadly, since my GW phase passed by  I've done mostly 15mm historical
(Poles c.1650) and WWII ships, plus B5 and Star Blazers spacecraft. And
not an elaborate base to be found amongst them, unless you count the
wakes on the 1:2400 warships.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Imperial Dispatches, etc. http://216.101.185.88

Prev: Have I gone base crazy? Next: Re: [FH] Alarishi names