Prev: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.] Next: DS and SG turn lengths (was: Re: SG questions (DSII turn length)

Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 22:22:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

>In a message dated 5/7/99 8:47:09 AM EST, jjarrard@ford.com writes:
>
><<
> Vehicles are even more difficult.  Die casts (which are best, if you
can
> find them) that are billed as 1/48 are a bit small, 1/43 are a bit too
> big, but closer than the 1/48, and with much more variety available.
>
>  >>
>Most die cast vehicles (cars, light trucks) are 1/67th Matchbox scale
and
>just a trifle too big for 25's but totally usable  Other things like
Hot
>Wheels are not in a constant scale at all and you have to have an eye
for
>what will work and what will not.

I think we've discussed this one at length before, but our principle is
that we scale the resin vehicles at about 1/60, which seems to be
visually
OK for both our own 25mms and the big 28mm stuff.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.] Next: DS and SG turn lengths (was: Re: SG questions (DSII turn length)