Prev: Firepower formulae, was Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

From: Michael Sarno <atomicat@g...>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 17:54:59 -0400
Subject: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

Mark^2,
    Another place to find the "right" answer is
http://www.jps.net/minipage/ref/scales.html.  That page also touches on
the
fact that manufacturers have been steadily enlarging their figures over
the
years to show more detail.  The ONLY way to tell if something is the
same
scale that you are using is to actually compare the piece in question
side-by-side with other figures that you consider to be the proper
scale.
    I mostly use 20mm figures for the games I play and have used
vehicles,
buildings, and accessories that are 1/72, 1/85, and HO scales.	Oddly
enough,
the 1/72 Esci plastic figures are slightly smaller than the 20mm figures
usually use.

-Michael

-MWS- wrote:

> On Thu, 6 May 1999, Mark A. Siefert wrote:
>
> > As stated in my last post.	I picked up the Snap-Tite (Hey!  It was
the
> > only one they had!) Naboo Figther model.  The scale is 1/48.  Is
that
> > close to 25mm?  The pilot fig appears to be 25mm.
>
> Hiya Mark!  "25mm" is practically anything you want it to be.
Seriously.
> Read all about it at
>      http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/faqs/scale_conversion_faq.htm
> and you'll see why I make those outlandish claims. :)
>
> The other MarkS.

> Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
>   email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
>	 The Gear Locker:  http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/
>	     Full Thrust:  http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/
>
>  Finagle's Law:
>    The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Michael Sarno

http://www.geocities.com/~atomicat
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Firepower formulae, was Re: Idle Torpedo Thoughts Next: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]