Prev: Re: Empire Building Next: Fate of the 'ld USA wasRe: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...

[DSII][SGII]Cyborgs, Robots and the like

From: "C. Downes-Ward" <c.downes-ward@i...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:12:24 +0100
Subject: [DSII][SGII]Cyborgs, Robots and the like

Having recently "aquired" a copy of the "Fourth corporate war" Book-2 I
have been thinking about simulating some of the battles described in it
using DSII and SGII. This should fit as the smallest forces are Squads
and
the largest is a couple of battalions. There are however two problems.
1) Most of the combat is in heavily urbanised terrain
2) Some of the combat forces are Cyborgs
Skipping (1) for a moment, the question is how do I simulate Cyberpunk
2020
style Cyborgs in DSII and SGII
First thoughts:
Having human brains cyborgs should be subject to morale, however in
CP2020
most cyborgs are, not to put too fine a point on it, nuts with
superiority
complexes.
There are two main sizes of cyborg, one is about the size of a suit of
power armour, and the other about the size of a class 1 infantry walker
(3.4m tall 1.2 tons weight). So treat the cyborgs as power armour or
walkers. However I need some crome to distinguish a cyborg from a suit
of
power armour. Incidently power armour, called ACPA, exists in CP2020.
Suggestion: In DSII I make cyborgs harder to kill by making them like
power
armour equiped with APSWs but 6 hits to kill and in SGII I try for a
similar effect by loading them down with gear:

International Electric Cybernetics "Dragoon" Military-Use Full
Conversion
Cyborg
Armour: D12
Move: 12" (D12x2)
Enhanced Electronic Sensors (D8)
4 Weapon Mounts:
	Rhinemetal EMG-85 railgun Firepower=D8, Impact=D12
	40mm Grenade Launcher Firepower=D12, Impact=D8*
	GMS/P with EnhancedGuidance Impact=D12
	Close Combat Weapon to cause terror

In CP2020 this Cyborg has a behavioural inhibitor to stop it going loony

but which also removes most of its initiative. Elite troops with class 3

leaders?

For the larger Cyborgs which are treated as walkers how about giving
them 6
spaces to play with?

Arasaka "Dai-Oni" Military-Use Full Conversion Cyborg
FGP power plant
Size Class = 1, Basic Signature = D10, Stealth Level = 1, Effective
target
die=D12
Mobility Class=Combat walker, Basic Move=12, Points value=98?
Fircon=Enhanced, ECM=Enhanced (D8) Armour=1/1
RFAC/1 (right arm)
MDC/1 (held)
GMS/L (enhanced=D8) (left arm)
APSW, Smoke Dischargers

The other thing I have been pondering is how to simulate robots, not the

giant Ogre's but smaller, dumber systems again about the size of an
infantry walker. Ok I admit it i have some GW epic plastic robots I want
use. My thoughts on this always lead me to create some sort of written
orders along the lines of "advance to objective A, then engage anything
that engages you in close combat and if nothing is doing that shoot at
the
nearest enemy unit". This however seems quite clunky, it might work with
referee to "interpret" but as I have trouble rustling up one other
player
yet alone two I like to see if the list has any better ideas.

Chris

Prev: Re: Empire Building Next: Fate of the 'ld USA wasRe: [FT]USA in Full Thrust...