Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: [DSII][SGII]Cyborgs, Robots and the like

Re: Empire Building

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:10:02 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Empire Building

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, John C wrote:

> So far as I know,
> however, the only power (official or not) that we have seen that is
> entirely new is the Alrishi Empire--everyone else seems to be basing
> their creations upon a current or former power.

well, by and large people have simly been filling in detail on powers
that
were named in the official future history. the only totally new ones i
am
aware of are the NRE, the NCS, the CCS, the alarishi, the bavarians
(and,
yes, i'm aware you made fnord them up as a joke :-), new jordan, the
UBW,
the SFSFW, the scots, the PRM, the IAS and Texaco. that's 12. of those,
6
are historical, four original and two probably comical.

> Is it because of the "realistic" nature of the rule systems and
> background, do you think?  Does this encourage a more historical
> mindset, perhaps?

i think the fact that the official FH is shaped along historical lines
has
influenced us a lot. if jon t had thrown everything out of the window
and
gone for the the Pacific Technocracy, the Mediterranean Alliance, the
European Union and China, we'd have thought differently.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT]USA in Full Thrust... Next: [DSII][SGII]Cyborgs, Robots and the like