Prev: Re: Empire Building Next: RE: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire

Re: Martian Terraforming

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:24:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Martian Terraforming

>Does anyone remember whether an effort to terraform Mars was mentioned
in
>the official Tuffleyverse timeline?  I seem to recall that it was, but
>can't find it now.

As far as I can remember (without trawling through all the stuff I've
written) we never mentioned Mars much, or indeed detailed what was
happening on any of the planets of the Sol system bar Earth.  I feel
Mars
would probably be colonised (perhaps quite heavily, and by several
nations), but not terraformed (or at least not fully) - the discovery of
FTL probably came before any real efforts could be made in this
direction,
making it easier to find habitable worlds than make them.
Personally I like the B5 concept of Mars - settled with domed colonies,
but
still pretty inhospitable, but YMMV - this ISN'T and [OFFICIAL] (tm)
pronouncement!!

Jon (GZG)