Prev: Achmaenids vs. Romans Next: Re: Martian Terraforming

Re: Empire Building

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:51:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Empire Building

When I started thinking on this level I worked on building an alternate
universe (or cut-off corner of the current one) with several major human
powers, and a couple aliens (indpendent and allied). Part of the
principle
was that some expansionist aliens could still coexsit with humans in
different systems due to extremely different biological requirements. At
given level of advancement, resource extraction becomes non-competitive.

I put all that aside after reading the FT timeline and becoming
fascinated
with New Israel, though. That's another reason so many people are
working on
FT powers that are part of or closely related to, the game universe. The
FT
universe is split enough for people to find a group or nation that they
resonate with personally and wish to pursue.

Perhaps some time I'll go back and works some more on the other stuff,
but I
really like Kieth Watt's Solar Thrust, and the ESFB alternates. It would
take me a long time to come up with anything so independent and
detailed.

Noam

Prev: Achmaenids vs. Romans Next: Re: Martian Terraforming