Prev: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire

[FT] PBeM Feeler

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:15:09 -0400
Subject: [FT] PBeM Feeler

FT'ers,

I'd like to gauge interest in a possible PBeM or series of PBeM's. I
want to
test rules mods and custom systems I've worked up for New Israel (e.g.
stealth and other systems). First scenario (possibly the first several)
would be NI raiding force vs. IF battle rider (tender + attack vessels)
force.

- GM (me) would provide both sides with ships calculated to be balanced,
start locations and speeds could be specified by players within set
limits.
- Some form of sensor rules and pre-start intelligence would apply.
- Different victory conditions for each side.
- Cinematic movement.
- Turn sequence would be split. This will take longer, but make the game
bit more like Face to Face Full Thrust (FTFFT - 'scuse me while I wipe
off
my monitor): Movement orders will execute, then players designate
Fighter
reaction movement and fire orders. Fire is simultaneous.
-2-4 players/game (relatively small forces, with a small number of
commanders to keep it moving).
- Post game evaluation by both sides would  assess game balance and
scenario
setup and help determine whether the new rules/systems were fair or need
modification.

If I can pull one off, and there is interest, it could segue into a
series
of scenarios, mainly involving ships of New Israel vs. various (but
primarily IF) opponents.

If you might be interested, let me know via E-mail. If you could put
[NIFT]
in the subject, I'd appreciate it.

Noam Izenberg

Prev: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire Next: Re: OU/NAC- Hawaii? Re: Achmaenid Persian Empire