Prev: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused... Next: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...

Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...

From: "Mycenius" <mycenius@i...>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:22:00 +1200
Subject: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...

Mike,

Thanks for the reply..

>The EFSB Olympus predates "A Call to Arms" and so they used an existing
>design, see pp57 the likely candidate, but the small transport shown on
>pp86 is closer to the silhoute on the Olympus SCS (which is a good
>design, in the forward arc).

This is what's confusing - The EFSB Silhouette looks like a "half-size"
Hyperion, and there are no illustrations of such a vessel in the book.
The
Silohuette supplied by Richard Bax for the converted B5W Olympus is
close to
the pp57 vessel, but not quite, while the EFSB Olympus is supplied, by
RB,
as the "Asp" Assault Destroyer.

Anyway, I'm trying to find out what the AoG "Olympus" actually looks
like,
the EFSB silohette, or the chunky B5W silouhette? I guessing the later
since
it will have been designed for B5Ws to start with - BUT the other
question I
was wondering is are AoG the "official" designers (i.e. they have access
all the B5 TV/Movie records and stuff) or are they, like the rest of us,
taking best guesses at ship design and stuff?

>I've got some notes on EFSB/FB conversions that will end up at
>http://216.101.185.88 later this month. This will only be
>intermittently available, since the DSL line I'm on is unreliable. I've
>seen Bax' designs, but I have a slightly different approach.

I'd be interested in seeing that...

Cheers

John

Prev: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused... Next: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...