Prev: Re: [FT, EFSB] Guardian array = ADS ? Next: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...

Re:

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:03:10 -0400
Subject: Re:

At 11:41 PM 4/11/99 +0200, Oerjan wrote:

>> >Braggart ;-) (Being Swedish, I have the Jante law deeply imprinted
>> >in my soul <g>)
>>
>> Hey, considering what I've seen out of some other companies out
>> there, it's the truth!
>
>I agree with you of course, but because of the Jante law *I* couldn't
>say it as... head-on as you did, like <VBG>

Heh!  It's one of those "take credit where due" areas... I don't
normally
trumpet what I've done (which caused me a bit of trouble when a
professor
was trying to coach me for job interviews!) but checking the designs was
fun.  And I figured *someone* ought to defend our names in the book. ^_-

>Some companies do better
>than us editing-wise, too (though at least one of them charges a *lot*
>of money for their products :-/ )

Gee, wonder who *that* might be... of course, when the company in
question
*does* make a mistake, as often as not they never clear it up, or just
leave it as is until the next edition.

>> And what's the Jante law?
>
>The typical Swedish (or Scandinavian) peer-pressure-caused modesty :-)

<grin> Not just Scandinavian, I think... or would hope, anyway.

>> >All we checked was what went into the System Display panels, and
>> >there are only a couple of errant DCPs in those IIRC

Though we did check the cost as well, and somehow the NAC Tico DD ended
up
with a rather drastic price cut. ^_-

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: [FT, EFSB] Guardian array = ADS ? Next: Re:TBP B5 Olympus Class Corvette - Confused...