Prev: RE: [SG,DS] Bugs Next: Re: (FT) when FT3? Armor vs shields?

Re: (FT) when FT3? Armor vs shields?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:05:58 +1000
Subject: Re: (FT) when FT3? Armor vs shields?

G'day Glen,

>Both FT battles I've been in have seen the armored ships win
>and the screen ships lose.  People seem to prefer armor.

Well I can assure that doesn't happen everytime. Down here we've got at
least one fleet from each of the 4 major nations (finally), though I
must
admitt there's more NSL than anything else (more to do with the look of
the
minis though I think). And we've seen quite a few battles now where the
screen based ships win - blasted ESU with their double %^$E$#@!
screens....
Heck even I've managed to win some games <the rest of you can pick
yourself
up off the floor now thank you, no need to look quite so shocked!  ;) >
and
being FSE I don't usually have screens or armour!
As for the minor nation I'm messing around with, their ships rely
heavily
on screens as I prefer them (armour goes for sure, but a screen might
just
hang on when everything else fails). But that's just my opinion, my
husband
Derek has a few ships which have screens and armour, but then he's
paranoid ;)

In the end I think it comes down to what you like and how you like to
command.

Hope that helps some.

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: [SG,DS] Bugs Next: Re: (FT) when FT3? Armor vs shields?