Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: Battlefleet Mars

Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 00:29:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Other Solar Sys maps Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> With little tic marks around each circle indicating orbit distance
traveled in,
> say,
> a month, lots of tics on the outer rings, fewer and fewer as you move
inward
> indicating
> the faster moving inner orbits...

The outermost rings, the tics would probably be in years... :-)

> You've seen BattleFleet Mars, then? ;->= However, they used a measure
stick for
> actual movement, and given the already mentioned vastly different
distances
> between
> inner, iron planets and outer, gas ones, not terribly realistic.
>
> The_Beast

No, but I have heard of it...and drooled at the adverts in my old Analog
Sci-Fi
magazines...The map would be in the ad, but I could never make out any
details...

Was it a good game in spite of the movement problems?

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [SG] Easter Scenario Next: Re: Battlefleet Mars