Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy) Next: [FH] World Building

Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:17:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Strategic Thrust using BR25

Michael Sarno wrote:

>     Well, the game I envisioned would only take place on the BR25 game
board, so
> nothing outside of the asteroid belt is "on board."  I suppose you
could have some
> ships, even using Newtonian physics, leave the board, but it makes the
game much
> more complex and doesn't get you much else.
>

> --
> Michael Sarno

If anyone wanted to game fleets traveling around the outer solarsystem,
I have some
direct experience in this...(seems a while back, I was trying to do a
game-able
"solarsystem map".  Because of the enormas size of the solar system, it
is not possible
to put all of the planetary orbits on one map, without some abstraction.
 The best
solution I could come up with was:  Put everything from the Sun to the
Asteroid belt on
one map, and the rest on another map.  Both maps being the same size.
The "outer map"
scale would be 1 "inner map" per hex....  :-)

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy) Next: [FH] World Building