Prev: Re:Thanks for B5W info Next: [LONG] Sorry, Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy)

Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy)

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 14:03:04 EST
Subject: Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy)

In a message dated 4/1/99 1:02:57 PM EST, atomicat@geocities.com writes:

<<  I always thought that the "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" game was
 based on the comics characters.  If it was based on any "show" it was
 probably the 1940 serial "Buck Rogers" starring Buster Crabbe
 "http://us.imdb.com/Title?Buck+Rogers+(1940)", which was, far from
being
 cheesy, a sci-fi breakthrough and a classic. >>

Buck Rogers was a novel long before it was a comic book, or movie
serial. It
had to do with a fellow who fell asleep in this century and woke up in
the
25th. No planet Mongo! Just about him helping fight back against the
"Manchu"
flavored foreign invaders of North America. I'm in my fifties and
senility has
struck and I cannot remember either the actual title nor the author. But
read it on a check out of an older sci-fi book at the public library in
El
Paso, Tx where I grew up.

Prev: Re:Thanks for B5W info Next: [LONG] Sorry, Re: Strategic Thrust using Buck Rogers Board (was [FH] Full Diplomacy)