Prev: Re: [OT] BFG AAR Next: Re: [OT] BFG AAR

Re: [OT] BFG AAR

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:24:06 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] BFG AAR

On 30 Mar 99, at 10:18, devans@uneb.edu wrote:
> Given that I'll agree that the figs are well worth $5+ apiece,
> the rest of the box contents are acceptable for the $20 remaining.
WE have to pay £40, which is what $60. :(.

> Now, I'll be trying Gothic Thrust soon, and hope to be helping
> with the polishing on that noble effort.
Let me know what you get something. I played my first game of BFG last
night.
Some of it is a little table heavy - the battery fire is a little too
complicated IMO - but it's generally a nice system, which is places is
startlingly similar to Another Game We Know Well. We are going to pinch
the
scenario system for our FT games and the campaign system possibly too.

> After all, inspite of a long and noble tradition in Nappy Age
> of Sail games, I STILL really hate range guess-timation, and as
> a loyal Imperial commander, I need the Nova!
You don't have copyright over the name 'Nova Cannon' do you Jon? There
was
one in FT I think.

> Er, Mark, you ARE working on an alternate for the Nova, please?
Bah. I had two shots with an NC last night and both missed wildly.
That's
life. I like their 'dumb' torp rules. No real guidance involved but it
really
does encourage a torp equipped ship to get behind an enemy. We did
wonder
about fighters though, they seemed far too easy to kill.

			TTFN
					Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [OT] BFG AAR Next: Re: [OT] BFG AAR