Prev: [OT] BFG AAR Next: Re: [OT] BFG AAR

Re: [OT] BFG AAR

From: "Mark A. Siefert: LORD OF ALL EVIL!" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:41:39 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [OT] BFG AAR

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Actually, I won't go into details, I'm still skulking from
> my other OT rantings, but I will say that, inspite of a few
> mis-readings of the rules, and some parts that are still a
> little unclear, I had a very good time, and not just cuz the
> Imps won the scenerio. ;->=

	It is a nice little system, isn't it?

> Given that I'll agree that the figs are well worth $5+ apiece,
> the rest of the box contents are acceptable for the $20 remaining.

	Personally I need to get ahold of some more cruisers.  Now that
have found out how fighters and bombers work, my fleet is in desperate
need of carriers.  Also a few Lunars and tyrants wouldn't hurt either.
Right now I have two Gothics, a Dominator, and an Overlord.

> Now, I'll be trying Gothic Thrust soon, and hope to be helping
> with the polishing on that noble effort.

	Thanks... I could use the help.

	Well, I'm working on the missile rules to make them more BFG
compatable.  I'm thinking of keeping the fighter rules just as they are
(in BFG, you have the bottomless fighter bays...) for balance sake.

> After all, inspite of a long and noble tradition in Nappy Age
> of Sail games, I STILL really hate range guess-timation, and as
> a loyal Imperial commander, I need the Nova!
>
> Er, Mark, you ARE working on an alternate for the Nova, please?

	As a matter of fact, yes.  I was thinking of using a a 6' blast
marker that does anywhere between 4d6 and 6d6 damage.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

"[Like] fire and fusion, government is a dangerous servant and a
terrible
master."

					--Professor Bernardo de la Paz
					"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
					by Robert A. Heinlein

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu	WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: [OT] BFG AAR Next: Re: [OT] BFG AAR