Prev: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ? Next: [OT] BFG AAR

Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

From: "djwj" <djwj@e...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:55:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS2] Second American Civil War

The_Beast wrote:

>Hearing constant bickering about water rights, especially between
Colorado,
>Kansas, and Nebraska, a Platte River War sounds one good place to
start.
>California would probably join in, claiming an even bigger piece of the
Colorado
>River.

Los Angeles already claims more than 80% of the colorado river, so there
is
already a long standing conflict between Colorado and California. The
primary military conflict involving Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and
Arizona.

(Visualising:
"You want the colorad river?!?" [sends a load of explosive rigged
miniboats
down the L.A. aquaduct system] "HAVE THIS!!!")

I've lived both places so I know all about this.

>If you can't figure out a reason for Mississippi to invade Arkansas
while
>Florida is hitting Georgia, you just aren't trying.

I don't know much about conflicts between Arkansas and Mississippi, but
90%
of Florida is built on coral limestone deposits. I don't rember at
exactly
what rate; but the lack of growth in new coral means that the existing
limestone is desolving into the atlantic ocean. Combine that with the
federal attempts to create wetlands sanctuaries the way I build scratch
built miniatures, and a tendency to not remove old laws from the books,
you
get a situation where all the residents of Florida need somewhere to
live on
an ever-shrinking and unuseable territory.

Georgia is probably the only place that is economical for all of Disney
move to. The scenario starts out fine and dandy with a trickle of people
moving from state to state under the U.S.A. interstate commerce laws,
but
once the breakup into individual states is in effect Georgia may try to
limit Floridians from entering the state. Part of the prevention will be
armed border guards. Florida will include armed escorts to their people
leaving the state, someone starts shooting,.....

Shhh, It happens.

Jim Whitehead

Prev: Re: [OT] BFG Questions ? Next: [OT] BFG AAR