Prev: Re: KV Playtest Designs/Fighters Next: Re: [SG]?Styrofoam walls...

Re: [FT] Hull strength and Stress

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:44:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Hull strength and Stress

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> Having said that, the difference between a beam not being dangerously
> deformed and the same beam being plasticised all through (and thus
> bending badly or breaking) can come very fast. It depends quite a bit
> on what materials you have, of course; being a fluid dynamicist turned
> ballistician I'm not too up to date on the solid mechanic properties
of
> modern materials :-( Even less on those of future materials, of course
> <g>

Ahhh, memories of MODS (Mechanics of Deformable Solids - 2nd yr course)

"Fluid Dynamicist turned Ballistician?"  One of theses days, we gotta
find
out what you do for a living.  (8-)

J.

--
     *** Jerry Han - jhan@icom.ca - http://people.canoe.ca/jhan ***
"There once was pretty good nation, Pretty proud of the greatness it

Prev: Re: KV Playtest Designs/Fighters Next: Re: [SG]?Styrofoam walls...