Prev: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV Next: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened....

OT: [SF]Variable Fire Arcs...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:26:32 +0100
Subject: OT: [SF]Variable Fire Arcs...

Donald Hosford wrote:

> In one of the early (taskforce) nexus magazines, they had a starfire
story.	> It was about the Khanate encountering a new race.  The new
race's
> ships had little ports all over....for their laser beams.  They had
one or
> two centrally mounted laser generators, and all of these conduits to
> channel the beams to the ports.

This sounds pretty much like the Thebans from the Crusade novel and
scenario module... The nearest thing we have in FB is the EFSB Beam
weapon, though that doesn't hurt nearly as much when it blows up :-/

> Also in Starfire there are no adjustable/buyable firearcs.  All
weapons
> (even guided missles) have a standard arc:  F, FP,FS,AP,AS (FT
> equivalent)  (After a while, all of the starfire ships started to
look the > > same to me...

I've heard Starfire players say pretty much the same thing about Full
Thrust, although they swapped the lack of different fire arcs for the
lack of different weapons :-/

(That said, we've put quite a lot of work in making other ships than
BCs with Capital Missiles viable combat units - successfully too, it
seems, at least judging from the number of wildly different
"unbeatable" designs I've seen during the last year or so :-) )

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Ship minis.... from old movies and TV Next: Re: OT: OK, here's what happened....