Prev: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs... Next: RE: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...

Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...(and Star Blazers)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:59:53 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...(and Star Blazers)

At 4:29 PM -0800 3/22/99, Donald Hosford wrote:
>I always wondered why "starblazers" ships didn't make any use of the
>bottom
>of the ship.  (except for a bridge).

some do, some don't. One of the Gamilon battleships has a laser turret
and a load of missile tubes on the 'underside' of the ship. That's the
green BB with the brick red underside known as the 'S-Type' or
"Conqueror" class BB. None of the Earth ships has much mounted
ventrally, but the Comet Empire build a command carrier with top &
bottom flight decks.

To keep this on-topic, here are my stats for an S-Type battleship. It's
big, and the Earth BB with 54 fighters is worse. I notice that in
comparison with the Star Blazers mini game the Fleet Book versions have
shorter ranged beam firepower, and vastly extended missile range. It
works for me tho.

Whooops, all of a sudden my worksheets are crashing Excel. Thank
goodness I have these on paper. I'll repost when I get them retyped.

dang

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs... Next: RE: [FT]Variable Fire Arcs...