Prev: [FT] Fighter Scale Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Scale

Re: [FT] Fighter Scale

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:47:17 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Scale

G'day John,

>After basing my NAC fighters*, I ended up with one (1) extra fighter.

Funnily enough so did I (Nic at Eureka had an extra in the packet by
mistake).

>At a loss for what to do with it, I mounted it on a short piece of wire
>(Paperclips can be *so* useful...) and positioned it so that it appears
>be taking off from my carrier's deck.

I wasn't quite so creative, I stuck mine on the flight deck so as to
cover
the join between the main part of the Jeanne D'Arc and the extra bit of
runway you have to glue on the front.

> It looks pretty good (enough so that
>it makes me wish that I had another couple of spares), but it looks a
>little...large in comparison with the carrier itself.	Are fighters and
>ships modeled in the same scale?  Or are the fighters enlarged a bit to
>make them visible?

Can't answer this for sure, but I've always thought they look a bit out
of
scale. However, at times I've been VERY glad they're not any smaller
(superglue can be a right royal pain!) ;)

>(*I used Beth's method--thanks, Beth!

My pleasure.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [FT] Fighter Scale Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Scale