Prev: Re: Hell in Microcosm Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Scale

[FT] Fighter Scale

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:34:31 -0500
Subject: [FT] Fighter Scale

After basing my NAC fighters*, I ended up with one (1) extra fighter.
At a
loss for what to do with it, I mounted it on a short piece of wire
(Paperclips can be *so* useful...) and positioned it so that it appears
be taking off from my carrier's deck.  It looks pretty good (enough so
that
it makes me wish that I had another couple of spares), but it looks a
little...large in comparison with the carrier itself.  Are fighters and
ships modeled in the same scale?  Or are the fighters enlarged a bit to
make them visible?

(*I used Beth's method--thanks, Beth!--and mounted them three to a base
on
some GW flight stands; each is mounted on a wire extending from the
shaft.
It looks great, especially when all painted up.)

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Hell in Microcosm Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Scale