Prev: Re: [FT]Ship Names of WWI Austro-Hungary (Long) Next: Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:22:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

GZG Jon wrote:

	I think the [OFFICIAL] line on this has to be that this would
not be allowed under the design system as it stands. It can be a house
rule you can use if all your players agree with it, but it doesn't fit
into the "official" system and you shouldn't expect to be able to put
such ships in tournaments or competitive games; within your own group,
feel free to do as you like!  :-)

	Jon (GZG)

---

Well, Nerts! So much for that. I _will_ probably use it as a house rule,
but for "public" designs I'll have to go for 4 cross-broadside Class 2's
(2xF/FP/AP and 2xF/FS/PS) 3 class 2's;	2x360's and 1 FH.
Game balance-wise, I think its a total wash, but I liked the extra
coverage on the flanks and less power right up front.

FWIW, the only additional way I can see the system 'abused' in a similar
manner is by trying to buy down class 1's to 5 arcs so you can have 6 FX
class 1's for the price of 5. That, however, also balances if you've got
missile or, especially, fighter attacks which  could easily position
themselves where you have no 'modified' class 1 coverage.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Noam

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Re: [FT]Ship Names of WWI Austro-Hungary (Long) Next: Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs