Prev: [OT] Bye for now... Next: Re: [FT]Ship Names of WWI Austro-Hungary (Long)

Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 05:31:06 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Quick Q: Class 2 arcs

This is my personal take on these questions:

>How about finding a way to allow the 6-arc system to shift 30 degrees?
>(half an
>arc)

I see your point here, and even though it would be an easy solution to a
problem I've been having with Class 1 RGs... Why not 15 degrees; why not
1
degree. Where do you draw the line for simplicity's sake. FT draws that
line at 60 degrees.

>How about allowing the old 4-arc system to co-exist?  allowing it to
shift
>half
>an arc also?

Simply, I'd say that in general it would be impossible to reconcile the
two, POINT COST wise, without fractional accounting. Fractions bad.

>How about seperating the weapons from the firearcs, and then allow the
players
>to assemble their arcs to their weapons, any way they want, and still
be
>official?  (this would allow more ship designs before they started to
seem the
>same, and without adding any complexity.)

I'm not sure what you mean here, so I'm not gonna touch it.

>Seeing as this is a mini's game, I do not see why the arcs have to be
limited
>in any way.  (of course have arcs of a set number of degrees makes the
whole
>thing simpler...)

Got it in one. Add Game Balance to that list and you're there.

Schoon

Prev: [OT] Bye for now... Next: Re: [FT]Ship Names of WWI Austro-Hungary (Long)