Prev: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors Next: [FT] Alarishi Tech

[FH] Fleet Size: Alarishi

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:32:13 -0500
Subject: [FH] Fleet Size: Alarishi

Making the assumptions of:
-- a population of approximately 30 million in 2187, (higher than
initial
estimates but it's amazing what changing your growth rate 1% will
do--and I
had to do that to get the money to build a fleet)
-- a per capita GNP of 10,000 Cr (up from the normal 8000 due to not
having
to cope with government regulations and other hidden taxes--this is
actually
a pretty reasonable adjustment since the cost to the average American
family
of businesses complying with government regulations is approximately
$7000/year--and that's just the regulations that have had cost studies
done.
This is according to a study done by the US Chamber of Commerce),
-- 7% defense tax of which 90% goes to the Navy and 10% to the Army,
-- 35% of service budget available for procurement,
-- 5 year cycle for Army and 30 year cycle for Navy
-- guesstimating that my battalions will be about +50% more expensive
than
the normal ones (add powered armor and infantry walkers, take away APCs,
most artillery, and aircraft),
 --ignoring local defense ships and militia, plus a Jerez class vessel
that
the AE happened upon (just after it had its FSE codes erased and hadn't
quite had its Islamic Federation codes loaded in--one second is plenty
of
time for an assault AI)
--and ignoring battle losses (I assume increased taxes and decreased
development costs in wartime would make up for that--a simplifying and
totally unjustified assumption):

I come up with 114 ships (about 25 CE up to BC, 36 DD or DDH, about 50
SC-FF), and about 20 battalions (or equivalent, since a lot of my troops
are
parceled out in companies and platoons).  In my copious free time
(cough,
cough!) I'll work up a fleet list and army list and post on my
www.angelfire.com/va/laserlight/fullthrust.html site.  (I know you're
all
just waiting with bated breath....<g>).

Hopefully this will help the GZG-Pedia team ("GZG-Pediatricians"?) and
other
future historians.

--Chris  DeBoe laserlight@cwix.com
Personal Site: www.angelfire.com/va/laserlight/index.html
Quixtar(sm) Pre-Launch Site: www.countdown9199.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors Next: [FT] Alarishi Tech