Prev: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors Next: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:42:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

For one-off games, we usually start at a max of (the thrust of slowest
ship) x
2.
Usually the vector is head-on for simplicity. We also restrict leaving
the table
(again for the sake of simplicity).

Some of the most fun one-offs started with vectors determined by random
AFTER
the 1st turn's orders have been written. Each player writes the 1st
turn's
orders then rolls a d12. On a roll of 1, the player starts at table
position 7
and a vector of 1; on a 3, the player starts at 9 on a vector of 3; etc.
 Much
fun if both players roll the same number, or even 1 number off!
---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ds2/
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/sg2/

Prev: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors Next: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors