Prev: Re: [OT] Weber/Starfire fans, rejoice! Next: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:18:01 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors

G'day,

>From several comments, I've become confused as to what is the
>'common' way of setting initial speeds and directions of ships
>at the start of a meeting scenerio.

We do it a few different ways
1) What ever you like
2) D6 + thrust of the ship (this is the one used most often at the club
here)
3) Anywhere betwen 0 and 20
4) As determined by what you said in you operational turn (for the
campaign
Derek and I are slogging out)

As for directions, that's usually up to the player. Though, the boys
tend
to like to line up opposite each other (I'm more erratic).

Basically the young guys (I can't believe that at the grand old age of
25
I've taken to calling 18-20 year olds "young guys") like to be pointing
where there going and be at about 10, Derek usually likes to start slow
and
then keep on a parallel course to his opponent and I just wizz around
like
a lunatic (with direction and facing hardly ever coinciding).

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OT] Weber/Starfire fans, rejoice! Next: Re: [FT] Initial Vectors