Prev: Re: [FT] Hull strength and Stress Next: Re: [FT] Hull Strength and Stress

Re: DSII - Yet another FMA enhancement to replace the chit draw

From: "Daulton James Whitehead III" <djwj@e...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:47:01 -0700
Subject: Re: DSII - Yet another FMA enhancement to replace the chit draw

Andrew, This looks good. A few clarifications please:

>    If the both attacker's dice exceed the defender's dice

Would this be better put as "...the defender's highest die."?

> DFFG at long range: Roll D8 and halve number (round up) on die

How about a D4?

>Armour Quality:    D8
>Ablative Armour struck by HEL:    D12
>Reactive Armour struck by GMS, IAVR or SLaM:	 D12

>Weapon
>Effectiveness	  Quality
>50%		    D4
>75%		    D6
>100%		     D8
>DFFG at close range: Roll D8 and double number on die.

RFAC/HVC at long ranges and certain artillery resolutions (Firing HEF at
armor or MAK at infantry) fall into the 25% efficiency category. How do
you
propose to resolve them. A D2 perhaps? (1D4 /2 round up)

>MDC/7 hits size 1 vehicle in rear at close range.
>Attacker rolls D8 for MDC effectiveness and D12+2 for MDC size.
>Defender rolls D8 for armour effectiveness and D4-2 for armour level in
>rear.
>- - As can be seen, even a MDC/7 can fail to damage a level 1 armor.

The greater disparity is between level 1 armor and the DFFG,
DFFG/7 hits size 1 vehicle in the rear at close range:
Attacker rolls D8x2 and D12+2( minimums 2 and 3)
Defender rolls D8 for armor effectiveness and D4-2 for armor level
(Maximums
8 and 2)
--So even the DFFG can be defended against.

I'm not sure where this falls relative to the chit-draw system but it
definately looks good.

Prev: Re: [FT] Hull strength and Stress Next: Re: [FT] Hull Strength and Stress