Prev: Re: WARHEAD IMPACT! (was Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ!) Next: Re: DS2 FMA Enhancement Invulnerability and Auto kills

Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:33:48 +0000
Subject: Re: [FH] Dollars to Credits

At 19:23 14/03/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Given cost of US ships (in 1990 dollars) to cost of FT ships (Credits),
it
>appears that 1 Credit is about $3.  Note that the real inflation rate
is

	No! Surely you are thinking Aussie dollars to English Pounds.

	Seriously I'm not sure about your figures. The new Collins subs
look like
becoming fully operational (mod 2 standard) at a cost of about (read
OVER)
$5 billion Australian each which includes infrastructure and development
costs. A lot of the overruns would be associated with the new combat
system
and its problems. Anyway my take is that $10 billion for a
destroyer/light
crusier would be about right making the conversion something like 1-10
or
1-7. Just a thought.

	Tony. (who WAS planning a English holiday).
	twilko@ozemail.com.au