Prev: Re: DS2 optional rules feedback Next: Re: WARHEAD IMPACT! (was Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ!)

Re: [FT] Coilguns

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:52:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Coilguns

DracSpy wrote:

> A Coilgun (which is what I bet Jon had in
> mind when he wrote the Railgun rules, but Rail Gun or Gauss Cannon
> seems to be the popular term).

Those recent (1998) unclassified weapon research papers I've seen on
EM-launched kinetic projectiles talk exclusively about railguns - no
coilgun discussion at all. 'Course, it *could* all be classified, but
that doesn't seem too likely considering the front-line nature of the
*un*classified stuff <g>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: DS2 optional rules feedback Next: Re: WARHEAD IMPACT! (was Re: (Con) GZGECC2: JON-DON'T READ!)