Prev: Re: [FT]Fleet sizes... Next: Re: [FT] Coilguns

[FT] New on the Solar Thrust site

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:50:31 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: [FT] New on the Solar Thrust site

Hi all -

  I've finally finished the article on orbital transfers that goes along
with the Java applet I posted a few days ago (I also corrected a few
minor
things in the applet itself).  This article is very algebra-heavy, but
hopefully explains things fairly clearly.  Most of this is taken from
the
reference materials I used when I worked in the orbital mechanics branch
of NASA/MSFC.  For those who want the procedure and don't care about the
derivation, skip all the way down to the bottom for a cookbook procedure
for astrogation.  As always, if (when) anyone notices the inevitable
mistakes, please let me know and I'll correct them.

  Also, I've added an article that I wrote last year on gravitational
wave detectors as spacecraft sensors.  While I don't think such a thing
is
viable right now (or in the near future), since it's what I do for a
living I thought I'd go ahead and look at some possiblities.

Enjoy!

Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: Re: [FT]Fleet sizes... Next: Re: [FT] Coilguns