Prev: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules!

Re: Dirtside II optional rules

From: "Daulton James Whitehead III" <djwj@e...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:36:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Dirtside II optional rules

I'd like to get some feedback on these "House Rules" that I have played
with
in other groups

Ignore the barrel limitation
    I almost always fall under the limit of one barrel per class, but
there
are those special purpouse tanks that scream for defensive systems to
fill
the excess spaces (class 2 and 3 GMS carriers in paticular). An option
kicked around we never had to worry about exceeding was to exempt PDS,
APFC,
and LAD systems as they cannot be used offensively, instead of a global
removal of the limit.

GMS and multiple targets
You pay for guidance with every launcher, I think you should be able to
target as many of the enemy as you have guidance and firecon.
    ex: 2GMS/H and a MDC 5 with superior firecon targeting three targets

Armor arcs
90 degree frontal armor, regardeless of the shape of the figure. The
Full
Thrust second edition course guide gives a good arc for measurement.
I've
got some old wedge shaped grav tanks that figuring frontal armor through
the
diametricaly opposed corners means that you can only hit the frontal
armor
if you are within one inch and directly in front of the tank.

Riverne craft speeds and Engines
    DS2 gets really fuzzy here. No engine requirements are stated for
any
riverine mobility types, and movements are subjective for the vehicle's
design. essentially a civilian fishing boat (8"BMF) could cost the same,
or
more, as a military landing craft (15"bmf). So a good rule is to
seperate
the three engine types, with the three movement factors (CFE: 8", HMT:
12",
FGP: 15")

Who uses boats anyways right? In a campaign where we were amassing
technology to design new vehicles with we had to drop a whole sesion
while
everybody went home to re-design their boats for a bananna republic
raid.

Okay that's enough for now. I've got more where that came from including
new
systems for Jumpjets, vehicular assault weapons, and some rules to give
more
options for Combat Walkers (A whole third of my vehicle collection is
CWs,
Battletech and Mekton do that.)

Prev: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules! Next: Re: [OT] Jon Tuffley Made It Into Murphy's Rules!