Prev: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Re: [DS2] DS2 Lite

Re: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:33:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Schoon's KV Playtest Designs

>Schoon wrote (in Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"
probably
>due to
>cutting
>and pasting):

Guilty as charged.

>There is about to be a 31000 point playtest of the initial gzg-l KV
design
>system.

Good grief! That's HUGE! I'm almost hesitant to ask who's going to
subject
themselves to this grueling ordeal. Good on them though.

>My interpretation was you had to pay the cost of the Heavy FG up front,
but
>allowing
>certain advanced types could be allowed, with perhaps exceptions for
heavy and
>fast.
>This is because the effects of a Heavy Heavy fighter are indeterminate
and
>probably unbalancing and a Fast Heavy fighter seemed conceptually
wrong.

Sounds good so far...

>I proposed a cost structure:
>
>		 MASS Point Cost
>Standard (H)	 6    MASS x 5	30
>
>Interceptors	 6    MASS x 5	30
>Attack 	 6    MASS x 6	36
>Long Range	 6    MASS x 6	36
>Torpedo	 6    MASS x 7	42

I'm assuming that these are all K'V variants. If so, I'd say that you
got
it in one! All those prices check out (balance wise with the FB)
perfectly.

Schoon

Prev: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Re: [DS2] DS2 Lite