Prev: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Tournament details for Conquest'99

RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: Daniel Cleyne <DCleyne@c...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:58:38 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

> feature to aid their maneuverability - using the available resources
> the
> limit (OK, I'll admit the very same trick could get you killed, but
> hopefully
> you get what I mean).

	Sorry, this is off topic, but I distinctly remember that in the
mission profile of the first atomic bomb delivery they _planned_ to turn
the
B29 in the direction that gave them the best turn rate because the
motors
all turned in the same direction (I think it was to starboard because
the
motors turned anti-clockwise but I don't remember for sure) This would
give
them more distance from the blast centre. Also I would have thought that
aerobatic pilots would have to take that kind of thing into account when
planning manoeuvres....

	Dan

Prev: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem Next: Tournament details for Conquest'99