Prev: Re: 18.1" Anti-Aircraft Guns!!! Next: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:53:50 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] A thought on that vector movement problem

The Sopwith Camel was the main culprit here, it had (guessing, I don't
have a reference handy) a 2/3 turning radius to starboard because of the
rotary engine.

Back on topic; the only time I could see a ship requiring this sort of
accelleration, is to kill velocity to prevent a collision or for 180
degree turns.  Even so, this also means you are effectively thrusting in
a strait line, which can make you more predictable to hit with missiles.
 Sometimes it does give you enough maneuvering to avoid missiles too.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
Cmdr Robertson - GCV Southern Skies
Fleet Admiral Doyle - NKV Vesuvius (La Fayette invasion force)
Admiral Peter Rollins - RNS Waterloo (MKW)
Gunslinger, Emperor & all-around demigod.