Prev: Re: [FT] Playtest of Fulton's MT Missile rules proposal Next: [FT] Star Trek TOS Page updated

RE: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:45:04 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

My personal preference is that any missiles used in an antimissile role
roll 1 PDS dice per missile used; so a full SML salvo in antimissile
mode would roll 6 PDS die against the target.  Against MT missiles, a
kill is 98% effective, but you've also expended a potential 36 pts of
damage.  Against another SML salvo, it's resolved as normal, but
antimissile PDS is rolled before you see how many missiles are on
target.

eg. SML antimissiles attack an SML antiship salvo.  6 SML PDS results in
4 kills, the antiship salvo then rolls it's d6 to see how many missiles
are on target after ship PDS is allocated; it rolls a 3.  Since there
are only 2 missiles left, that is the maximum number that can attack.
Ship PDS is then resolved, killing the last 2 missiles.

The main effect of this is to reduce the maximum number of missiles
incoming.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
Cmdr Robertson - GCV Southern Skies
Fleet Admiral Doyle - NKV Vesuvius (La Fayette invasion force)
Gunslinger, Emperor & all-around demigod.