Prev: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Something is hidden. Go and find it. (Kipling)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 19:02:43 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

>DIRTSIDE ACCELERATOR:
>(Playtest version 1.0, copyright GZG 1999).
>
>New faster-play hit resolution system for DSII:

[...]
>Weapon Impact dice types:
>
>HEL:		All ranges D4
>HVC:		Close range D8, Medium range D6, Long range D4
>MDC:		Close range D10, Medium range D8, Long range D6
>HKP:		Close range D10, Medium range D8, Long range D6
>DFFG:		Close range D12, Medium range D8, Long range D4
>GMS*:		All ranges D8
>
>* GMS/H counts as Class 3, GMS/L as Class 2, GMS/P or IAVR as Class 1.
[...]

I like where this is going, though I also think the HEL should prolly be
boosted up to D6.

Also, another thought, instead of rolling one die and multiplying it by
the size of the weapon, why not roll X number of die where 'X' is the
size of the weapon?

And if you complain about the potential large number of dice that will
be rolled, bear in mind how many die get rolled in any good volley of
weapons fire in an average FT game.  :-)

As for special things such as 'systems down', 'immobilized', 'BOOM',
etc,
you could easily roll a seperate die (d20??) along with the rest of the
mess, and cross-correlate the results there to a short table. I *really*
don't see that as being a problem.

Mk
-
ENEMY WANTED: Mature, lone, North American superpower seeks hostile
nation
for arms racing, third world conflicts, threat inflation, mirror-imaging
and general bellicose posturing. Must be sufficiently menacing to
frighten
more money from Congress. Nuclear capability preferred, chem-bio or
near-nuclear considered. Technologically backward, yet fierce applicants
will also be considered. Must be able to taunt, harangue and bluster in
local
and international media markets. Location: Earth, anywhere, preferrably
near
strategic petroleum deposits, major population or economic centers.
Please
reply with picture of chanting troops, tank battalions, atrocities,
screaming
fighters, etc, to: The Pentagon, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. Pre-emptive
attacks
welcomed. Please, no micro-cell terrorists.

Prev: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...