Prev: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: Ship Control Cards

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:45:08 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Ship Control Cards

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Adrian Johnson wrote:

> You can get them laminated at many copy shops, but for those who
prefer to
> do such things themselves (or want to cut stuff out of the lamination
-
> which tends to peel off if you cut the sealed edges) you can get "peel
and
> stick" type lamination material at many art supply stores.  This is a
clear
> plastic sheet with glue on one side - but the adhesive is similar to
Scotch
> "magic tape" and becomes almost completely transparent when the
plastic is
> applied.  Works really well for this kind of thing, though you have to
be
> careful when you are applying the plastic that you don't trap air and
get
> unsightly "bubbles" in the lamination.

A hot laminator works much better - no "glue-ie edges" or bubble in the
laminate.  They're not that expensive to buy either, provided you don't
mind
the 'small' version that only handles pouches up to 4.5" wide. :)

I printed up my K'rathri SSD's on laser business card blanks, the
hot-laminated them with standard pouches.  Works like a charm.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
       The Gear Locker:  http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/
	   Full Thrust:  http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...