Prev: Re: [FT] NAC, NSL, FSE, ESU Fighters Next: Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long)

Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:42:43 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long)

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, John Leary wrote:

> Denny Graver wrote:
>
> > As I see it encryption would make these coms unreadable and
therefore
> > unusable by the enemy, unless they had the appropriate codes, knew
the
> > language etc. Anyone know the real world capabilities in these areas
?

>      Given enough time any code can be broken.   JTL

"enough time" being the key phrase here ... it's always faster to
encrypt
than crack, so you can always make a code economically secure - it takes
the enemy more effort to crack than he saves by cracking it.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT] NAC, NSL, FSE, ESU Fighters Next: Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long)