Prev: Re: Weird ship (was:Re: Ship Control Cards) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 23:11:21 GMT
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

PERRYG1@aol.com writes:

> But one thing I couldn't understand was the almost complete lack of
crew
> served weapons (except the heavy machine guns at the base and the
nucular
> tiped RPG) AFV's with the M.I.. Tactics seemed to consist of standing
still
> out in the open and blazing away at close range on full auto.

The politics in both the book and film stress the morally-
improving (and citizenship-confirming) need for the individual to
make their contribution to society through (life-threatening)
military action.

To represent this cinematically, it doesn't make much sense to
have crew-served weapons or AFV's... what sort of *individual*
contribution would that be?

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Weird ship (was:Re: Ship Control Cards) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2