Prev: Re: Possible DS2 terrain idea Next: Re: Ship Control Cards

Re: Ship Control Cards

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 08:10:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship Control Cards

Keith Watt wrote:
>    Okay, I've just put the collectable-card format SSD's up on the
Solar
> Thrust website (http://www.erols.com/kwatt/SolarThrust).  The files
are in
> Adobe Illustrator and JPG format, zipped into different archives.  The
> files available are (there are links on the main page):

	These are quite professonal looking!  I *like* them!

	The JPG format files were a bit fuzzy.	I used Adobe Photoshop
	to import the Illustrator files (since I do not own
Illustrator).

	When I imported them, I set the dimensions from Pixels to
Inches,
	and set the Pixels Per Inch to the appropriate setting for
	my printer (which turns out to be 266, instead of the defaut
75).
	My Epson Stylus 600 ink jet printed the cards quite handsomely.
	(well, when I used normal quality printing on average paper
	the little atom symbols filled up, but what did you expect?)

	For the Solar Thrust cards, I'm planning on glueing Fuel cards
	the back of the Ship cards, and laminating them somehow.
	This will allow me to check off damage and fuel with a
	china writer or a dry-erase whiteboard felt-tip marker.

	I'm going to try and play the Solar Thrust scenario
	solo, right hand vs left, since I don't know any players
	in my area.  It is a multi-player scenario, but there are
	not a lot of ships, and this is the miraculous Full Thrust
	"play a game in an hour" we are talking about.

	I'm busily picking out various starship miniatures from my
	ramshackle collection to use in the scenario.
	How about an Earth Force Hyperion, with a few Valiant
	Stardate 2300 ships, some Entolian crusiers, and that
	weird ship from some unknown collection.

	I saw my weird ship in the photo of entries in the recent
	GZG-ECC II Con Miniatures painting contest. Maybe somebody
	can identify it for me.

	Go to http://people.canoe.ca/jhan/ft/gzgecc/
	Click on Aftermath
	Click on Saturday Afternoon 2pm-6pm
	In the "Miniatures Contest" section, click on the middle picture
in
	the top row, the one with the three Minbari Sharlin cruisers.
	Weird grey ship with a blue sphere nose, behind the Centauri
battleship.

Prev: Re: Possible DS2 terrain idea Next: Re: Ship Control Cards