Prev: Re: [OT] Movies vs. Books (was: Tired...) Next: Re: Ship Control Cards

Re: Possible DS2 terrain idea

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 07:41:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Possible DS2 terrain idea

Charles/Doc wrote:
>     Now all I need to do is work out some type of landing gear for
this
> monster.  It is supposed to be a small/medium space ship with landing
> capabilities to disembark troops.  First thought was to just say it
landed
> on the bottom side of it hull but this just looked like a ship laying
> around.  Any type of gear that lifts the entire body off the ground
looks a
> bit odd.(that is a lot of tonnage to be up in the air)  Any hints or
> suggestions for additional modifications would be appreciated.

	I have no idea where you'd find such a thing, but
	I'm thinking about the hydralic stablizer jacks mounted
	around the edge of some kinds of industrial earth
	moving vehicles.  They are mounted on the side of
	the vehicle, not underneath.  While the vehicle is
	moving the jacks stick up at an angle, the jacks
	swing down when the vehicle stops and needs to be braced.

	On another tack, there is a far out of print plastic
	model of the Moonbus from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
	It's landing gear is broad and massive.  Perhaps
	you could find a photo and kitbash something similar.

Prev: Re: [OT] Movies vs. Books (was: Tired...) Next: Re: Ship Control Cards