Prev: Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: [FT] AAR-IF vs NRE

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

From: PERRYG1@a...
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:44:54 EST
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

<< do love the effects and I think it has an outstanding soundtrack even
if
there
 is no way to turn down the inane dialogue. Plus I think if you cut and
paste
the
 whole scene where the platoon moves through the valley, enters the
base, then
 gets swarmed by the bug attack into a seperate reel then you have an
excellent
 stand alone short film. >>

I agree. The attack on the base reminded me of Rorke's Drift from the
1879
Zulu War.
But one thing I couldn't understand was the almost complete lack of crew
served weapons (except the heavy machine guns at the base and the
nucular
tiped RPG) AFV's with the M.I.. Tactics seemed to consist of standing
still
out in the open and blazing away at close range on full auto.

Prev: Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... Next: Re: [FT] AAR-IF vs NRE